Dallas, Texas and Brno, Czech Republic – August 4, 2015 – Y Soft, a leading global print management and 3D printing solution provider, today announced a mid-year update to its flagship enterprise solution software, YSoft SafeQ.
Y Soft provides updates to YSoft SafeQ at least two or three times yearly. The updates often include technology and features that were only available to customers through the company’s Early Access Program (EAP) and are now available as part of the general release. With a focus on decreasing print services costs, increasing security and improving workflow efficiencies, the mid-year update includes:
- AirPrint support – AirPrint, Apple’s technology for printing from Apple devices such as Mac laptops, iPhones and iPads without installing drivers, is now supported in YSoft SafeQ’s Mobile Print module. For organizations who want to support printing on BYOD or company-provided devices from Apple but still maintain the secure access and document security benefits of YSoft SafeQ, can now do so without burdening the IT organization with help requests. Further, IT can contribute to employee efficiency and satisfaction by enabling mobile workers to print from their Apple mobile device of choice.
“Adoption of BYOD is strong across all types of companies and governments. Programs for smartphones and tablets are especially common, with more than 60% of midsize to large organizations reporting policies allowing for these personal devices. By 2017, the typical organization will support more employees using their personal smartphones and tablets than enterprise-supplied devices,” said David A. Willis, Gartner. *
- Samsung MFD Embedded support -- With embedded support for Samsung MFDs, organizations enjoy YSoft SafeQ benefits through a seamless user experience accessed from the Samsung control panel. Additionally, Y Soft produces compatible card readers for Samsung MFDs. For partners and customers, this means one less vendor involved in deploying a Print Management solution or as part of a Managed Print Services solution.
- Local Admin Feature – Allows an organization to allocate YSoft SafeQ administrator rights and access to multiple IT staff. This is particularly useful for large organizations who share one YSoft SafeQ installation across multiple divisions with separate IT systems, or wish to define ownership across certain geographies or locations.
- Virtual Money Accounts – Released from the Early Access Program and now part of the Credit and Billing module of YSoft SafeQ, virtual money accounts are free accounts for student or employees with a quota on print, copy and scan services. Especially convenient for educational institutions who provide students these services, virtual money accounts are easily administrated individually or for groups.
“These updates to YSoft SafeQ enable our channel partners to offer the most robust print management solutions to their customers,” said Richard Brulik, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Y Soft. “While enterprise and SMB organizations continue to seek cost savings associated with print services, the ability to improve employee productivity and document security are rising requirements and these new updates help address those needs.”
Other updates include extending embedded terminal support for additional MFD models from Fuji-Xerox and, for Y Soft channel partners, a new and improved demo package that allows more complex features to be easily demonstrated. Additionally, partners who participate in the Y Soft EAP can offer their customers access to the Page Quotas feature where administrators can set up individual or group print and copy page quotas for BW or color prints.
* Gartner, Hype Cycle for Enterprise Mobile Software and Services, 2015, Nick Jones, 21 July 2015
About YSoft SafeQ
YSoft SafeQ helps Fortune 1,000 and SMB’s build a smarter business by improving document security and office workflow productivity, reducing print costs and providing a positive environmental impact. The SafeQ solution is available on a subscription basis or as a perpetual license. YSoft SafeQ is tightly integrated and certified with leading global Multi-Function Device (MFD) providers such as Fuji-Xerox, Konica-Minolta, Ricoh, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba and Xerox. YSoft SafeQ is BLI’s 2015 Winter Pick and Outstanding Achievement award winner in the Print Management Solution category.
About Y Soft
Y Soft provides enterprise office solutions that help build a smarter business by improving office productivity enabling employees to be more productive and creative. YSoft SafeQ’s full suite of modular on premise or in the cloud solutions are deployed in large and SMB organizations around the world. YSoft be3D 3D printers provide a reliable, high quality, auto-calibrating solution that saves time, reduces prototyping costs and enhances 3D printing productivity.
Founded in 2000, the company is headquartered in Brno, Czech Republic, with worldwide offices in North and Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and the Asian Pacific Region (APAC). For more information, please visit www.ysoft.com.